Hi there! I’m so excited you’ve stopped by. I’m Christina and I created Mom so Fancy to share parenting thoughts, creative ideas, and ways to help our children grow. Children are a beautiful blessing from God who has gifted each one of them with specific skills and gifts. I strive to give each child the opportunity to develop those gifts.
Children grow in so many ways. Mom so fancy will be focusing on these areas:
Social/Emotional: This is a child’s ability to make friends. Understand social rules. Showing empathy. This area of development is often overlooked, but is starting to gain traction among researchers in the correlation of social/emotional development and school success.
Physical: Running. Walking. Crawling. Scribbling. Picking up small objects. This area is almost never overlooked. Parent’s are always wondering when their child will crawl or should walk. However, this area of development is still just as important.
Cognitive: Thought processes. Problem solving. Language and literacy. The ability to make decisions. This area of development is unseen (dealing with the brain) and not noticed as easily.
Spiritual: Child’s ability to know, love, understand, and engage with God. Teaching a young child about God and the Trinity can be difficult because of the many mysteries of God (No one is righteous, no one understands, no one seeks God. Romans 3:10-11).
Most importantly, PLAY. A child’s work. Young children are designed for learning. They pick up an object, examine it, mouth it, experiment with it. They are curious. All this learning is worked out through a child’s play.
The mission of Mom so Fancy is to provide parents, teachers, caregivers with tools to help children grow in all these areas.
5 things to know about me.
1. I’m a youth pastor’s wife! My husband is one of the most amazing people I know. He would do anything for anyone and I admire him on a daily basis. The church we are currently at also allows me to be the part-time early childhood coordinator where I get the opportunity to oversee the nursery and preschool rooms.
2. I am a former preschool teacher and early childhood social worker.
3. I live in central Illinois with my husband and daughter. I have lived in many places In the US including Minnesota, Colorado, New Jersey, Iowa, and Maryland.
4. I love snowboarding. However, living in central Illinois I rarely see the mountain. I’ll stick to yoga for now.
5. I’m a CSU grad. I love Fort Collins.